Friday, November 11, 2016
“I’m obviously not happy and I hate to admit this, but a part of me feels liberated. If she’d won, we’d already be talking about Chelsea’s first campaign. Now we can do what we really need to and start over.”
Chelsea Clinton may be preparing to run for Congress: report https://t.co/a1LadiVKYI pic.twitter.com/vNedlBJNNF— The Hill (@thehill) November 11, 2016
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
- Holy crap.
- No seriously, holy mackerel, I really didn't see this coming. I thought if he had a chance to win it would be by sneaking NV, NH and maybe VA, but freaking Wisconsin??? Pennsylvania??? Dude.
- Hillary has lost two elections to two once-in-a-generation candidates in 8 years.
- A lot is going to be made of the FBI investigation but I think the nail in the coffin was voters seeing their ObamaCare premiums going up right before the election.
- Enthusiasm counts for a lot. Hillary never had it and polls showing she had it were freakin' lying.
- Nate Silver caught a lot of crap for saying there was a lot of uncertainty(error) in his (still a win for Hillary) election forecast. Nobody listened.
- Maybe when pollsters and the media are asking questions they shouldn't preface them with "only a moron would vote this way so how are you voting?" Shy Trumpers were apparently a real thing. Media bias seems like it played quite a large role in skewing the polls.
- The media also learned nothing from the Brexit vote. They had a preferred outcome and that's all they cared about.
- Trump ran the leanest campaign in US history.
- Did Rubio win because of Trump's coattails?
- If the 1990's me had jumped into a time machine and traveled to today and saw the shrill pan-throwing wife of that hillbilly president and Donald Trump, who was pretty much mentioned in the same breath as Mike Milkin and Ivan Boesky, as the only choices for president, he would kill himself and I'd be fading away right now.
- Hillary was never a very good candidate. Ever.
- Hillary is still going to get away with it.