- Everyone always forgets the zeroeth amendment of the Constitution which states that true power resides in whoever wants to take that responsibility in front of the voters. For example: The president can wage war anywhere he wants as long as Congress doesn't have the guts to try to stop him, regardless as to who can legally declare war.
- Dems should reinstate the judicial filibuster for Supreme Court nominees the next time they take the Senate. Since they hold the power of the press they actually have the ability to get Republicans to cave whenever they can get the press in an uproar, which the press would never do for a Democratic nominee. That's a clear advantage for Team A. And once reversed (with much talk of integrity and whatnot), Republicans would be too cowardly to undo it.
- Sometimes you have to take one for the team to keep a Clinton out of the White House.
- Thank goodness the Jake Tappers of the world convinced us national security was no big deal during the Clinton secret server scandal or I would be petrified right now.
- Just out of curiosity, do you think James Comey would have released his memos if it was President Hillary who fired him?
- Kind of embarrassing that the author of The Art Of The Deal didn't get anything for that classified information. President Hillary would have gotten at least a couple hundred thou in donations to her foundation.
- The only way we can have transparent government is if we only elect Republicans. The press doesn't seem to want to do their jobs when Democrats are in power.
- The legislative filibuster is gone the second Dems take back the Senate. They wouldn't talk about it if they weren't going to do it and there's absolutely no advantage for Democrats to keep it.
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Friday, April 7, 2017
Friday, November 11, 2016
“I’m obviously not happy and I hate to admit this, but a part of me feels liberated. If she’d won, we’d already be talking about Chelsea’s first campaign. Now we can do what we really need to and start over.”
Chelsea Clinton may be preparing to run for Congress: report https://t.co/a1LadiVKYI pic.twitter.com/vNedlBJNNF— The Hill (@thehill) November 11, 2016
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
- Holy crap.
- No seriously, holy mackerel, I really didn't see this coming. I thought if he had a chance to win it would be by sneaking NV, NH and maybe VA, but freaking Wisconsin??? Pennsylvania??? Dude.
- Hillary has lost two elections to two once-in-a-generation candidates in 8 years.
- A lot is going to be made of the FBI investigation but I think the nail in the coffin was voters seeing their ObamaCare premiums going up right before the election.
- Enthusiasm counts for a lot. Hillary never had it and polls showing she had it were freakin' lying.
- Nate Silver caught a lot of crap for saying there was a lot of uncertainty(error) in his (still a win for Hillary) election forecast. Nobody listened.
- Maybe when pollsters and the media are asking questions they shouldn't preface them with "only a moron would vote this way so how are you voting?" Shy Trumpers were apparently a real thing. Media bias seems like it played quite a large role in skewing the polls.
- The media also learned nothing from the Brexit vote. They had a preferred outcome and that's all they cared about.
- Trump ran the leanest campaign in US history.
- Did Rubio win because of Trump's coattails?
- If the 1990's me had jumped into a time machine and traveled to today and saw the shrill pan-throwing wife of that hillbilly president and Donald Trump, who was pretty much mentioned in the same breath as Mike Milkin and Ivan Boesky, as the only choices for president, he would kill himself and I'd be fading away right now.
- Hillary was never a very good candidate. Ever.
- Hillary is still going to get away with it.