Friday, November 13, 2009

How Big Of A Nerd Am I?


Here's a photo of Thaddeus McCotter, a member of the U.S. House of Representatives and frequent Redeye guest. Now aside from the fact that he's playing a Telecaster (wanker), notice anything else? He's wearing a jacket that was only available at the beginning of the (First) Iraq War. How do I know? His jacket is reversible, and the interior, the green grid pattern, was meant to fool night vision technology of the time. It didn't work very well and was scrapped very quickly. But now you know...completely worthless information.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with the wanker comment. The only time a Telecaster was cool was when Page used it to play Stairway. I think they're they lamest, cheapest and ugliest guitars ever. Real men play Gibson Les Pauls.

    -althing79

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 'em too. I have a 70's reissue with the big fat CBS headstock on it and love it. Nice piggie in the pic too. I'd love to go hunting for a hog like that. All we have is those little peccaries here in NM.

    -althing79

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a peccary in the picture. I think the way I took the picture makes it look bigger.

    ReplyDelete