Monday, November 22, 2010

Dude, It's Sinking In!

I like music. Back in the day I was one of the cool indie kids going to see bands that no one had ever heard of. Normally going to shows (I don't anymore) involved getting called a Nazi if people happened to find out I was (gasp!) a Republican. It got intolerable after 2000, naturally. But no matter what, if you're involved in music(not country) or art(pretty much all of it), you usually have to put up with liberal politics. That's why I was kind of surprised when I heard something on My Chemical Romance's listening party debut for their new album. My Chemical Romance's albums always have a concept album thing going on and this album seems to be about a post-apocalyptic world or something. The video for the album preview features a DJ for this post-apocalyptic world saying this at about the 42 minute mark... "Okay kids, we got some more reports from the zones out there for ya, popular Fact News anchor Belinda 'Fury' Montoya was disintegrated yesterday by exterminators after it was discovered that she had been secretly giving piano lessons to neighborhood kids without a licence or government supervision..." Also interesting, when the DJ introduces the last song, you can hear the national anthem playing in the background and also at the very end of the 'broadcast'. Hmmmm... Keep in mind that these guys are from New Jersey(normally kind of liberal) and the lead singer is also an artist. The main point of Obama's agenda seems to be that government can keep expanding as long as it can get a foot in the door. If people outside of the hardcore news junky conservatives are realizing what's going on then hopefully undoing whatever damage Barack Obama does to this country isn't such a farfetched idea.

p.s. For the record(no pun intended), I really liked their last album. I've liked all of their albums, but that last one seems kind of special. And Liza Minnelli is on it... for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. My kids listen to MCR. It's pretty good music. I'll be interested in seeing the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they usually put out pretty good videos too.

    ReplyDelete