Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Post Where My Blood Pressure Does Unpleasant Things

First of all, those weren't Arizonans. I'm referring to the Gabrielle Gifford Memorial/campaign stop that Obama organized for tonight. I have no idea how people "scored" tickets to this awesome event, but I have heart palpitations right now thinking that idiots all across the country will think that we would act like that during a memorial event for a mass murder. No, this was the first stop of Barack Obama's 2012 reelection campaign. I can only assume that tickets for this event were distributed by the DNC to their voter rolls judging by the inane clapping and cheering that went on. Did Napolitano get off some really good lines? I couldn't hear because of the rushing sound in my ears, but it must have been great to see so many Democratic stars in one place. I hope someone saved me a t-shirt! And did Obama try a Sonora dog? Because the concession stands were open during this solemn event. Why? I don't know. I guess people like to eat when they know there's going to be entertainment. I'm feeling a little faint right now, I guess because a lot of people are saying it was a great speech. Really? So letting the media go hog wild for five straight days, lying and accusing conservatives of abetting murder, is fine as long as you can make a speech where you blame both sides(!) for unfortunate speech. What is he, graded on a curve? Does he get a cookie now? Have we gotten to the point where Obama succeeds just by not completely failing? This was not a memorial. This was an ass-saving event organized in a 14,000 seat college arena so Obama could try to look presidential but still let the media characterize conservatives as murderers. In other words, it was just politics. The only thing that would piss me off more is knowing that Obama's team set this up so they could say, "See, look how popular he is in Arizona. He's been screwing over that state but they still cheered for him. At a funeral!"

No comments:

Post a Comment