Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm Taking A Break From The News For A Month

In an effort to lower the ol' blood pressure, keep the liver from cirrhosising and keep my pancreas pancreating (well at least one of them), I'm going to make an effort to avoid the news for the month of August (starting tomorrow). Cold turkey. That means no 24 hour news, no stockmarket, no blogs, and no carrier pigeons, even though that is my preferred method of getting the news since it includes a free meal. I'm also dumping anything I didn't finish on this blog in an act of motivation or nihilism, I forget which is which, so everything that was never posted is going away.

What am I going to do instead? I don't know. Fix the car? Plant a garden? I've always wanted to learn to read music, so I may try that. Like most people I have a lot of things that need to be done but I'll probably just end up watching my DVDs of Gilligan's Island and Hawaii Five-O instead. Plus there's that bath salts craze I've been hearing about...

No comments:

Post a Comment