Friday, September 7, 2012

Malaise Forever?

While it's not publicized, Obama did get to see the jobs numbers last night, most likely before he gave his speech at the convention.  I'm guessing it might be worse than last month based on this line in the speech -

"Now, I won't pretend the path I'm offering is quick or easy. I never have. You didn't elect me to tell you what you wanted to hear. You elected me to tell you the truth."

Of course there are other tea leaves. Obama's smile. The stock market going up more than 200 points yesterday, which could also indicate a leak. The spots on the liver of that hobo behind 7-11 (I'm into augury now). How about an employment index falling to a ten month low? What you won't see is someone predicting a really good jobs report. Just better than expected or meh. Or should I say malaise?

p.s. Oh and...no bounce?

No comments:

Post a Comment